- Stadium, concession stand and field clean up is Saturday, August 19 starting at 9am. Bring your soccer friends to help with the stadium clean up. Sign up here http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090f4caaab2ba6ff2-field
- Practice on Saturday is at
10 am.New time: 9:00am on Saturday the 19th.
- Raider Card Blitz begins after practice tomorrow. Please note the time change.
- No practice on Monday, Monday, August 21st – Practice moves to school hours starting at 3:30 pm – 6 pm on Tuesday the 22nd.
- Thursday is team pictures. Time is 9:20am for Froshmore and 10am for Varsity.
- Thursday, Froshmore Jamboree at South Albany High School at 6pm. NOTE THE LOCATION CHANGE
- Friday, Varsity Jamboree at South Albany High School at 6pm. NOTE THE LOCATION CHANGE.
We are finishing up with conditioning and next week practice begins. We’ve conditioned in the morning and beaten the extreme temperatures. The players are ready to put pads on and get to the task at hand.
A couple items of information:
- Clearance Cards: The athletic office is officially open to the public to begin clearing, etc for fall sports. Players need to get their clearance cards turned in this week. Aug 14this the first day of Fall sports practice and the drop dead date for all your certifications, etc to be completed
- Mandatory Parent meeting August 15th . at 6pm at CVHS
- Raider cards and field clean up day is Saturday the 19th. We will go until it gets too hot. Need a full crew to prep the stadium for the upcoming season. We have the best grass field in the state (Thank you Coach Sanders) and need our stadium to match. It’ll take a couple hours of work by a full crew. Parents we are expecting your help with the stadium and field prep on Saturday.
- Pictures: Fall sports Pictures are Aug 24th
- There is still time to get a stadium sign. If you or a business you know would like to have their sign displayed at the Field of Dreams, please send an email to CV Football that you are interested.
- Website: We are looking for some Webmaster and communications help. The website needs an update, so we are looking for somebody who knows their way around WordPress. If you are interested in using your volunteer requirement helping work on the website please respond to this email.
Below is our schedule moving forward: Be prepared!
Schedule for Fall Football
- July 23rd to July 30th – OSAA Mandate ” Dead Week” No students may be at our facilities practicing or working out
- Tuesday, August 1st – Friday, August 4th – ” Optional Conditioning” 7:00 am – 9:00 am Bring cleats and work out shoes
Wednesday, August 2nd – Varsity, JV, and Frosh will travel to West Linn for 7 on 7 – Leave CV at 3:30 pm back around 9:30 pm
- Monday August 7th – Friday August 11th – ” Mandatory Conditioning” 7:00am – 9:00am
- Monday, August 14th – Friday, August 18th – the First week of official practice starts 7:00 am – 9:00 am
- Tuesday, August 15, 6:00 pm – Mandatory Parent Meeting – All levels – Teachers Lounge
- Monday, August 21st – Practice moves to school hours starting at 3:30 pm – 6 pm
- Friday, August 25 – Varsity Jamboree at West Albany
All incoming Freshmen, Juniors, and transfer students will need to have a sports physical. We are working to arrange a day at CV with some local clinics. Stay tuned.
Only 6 more Fridays from today. CV v Marist @7pm at Marist HS
WE NEED PARENTS HELP – July 14 at Corvallis Country Club
This is a best ball tournament with a shotgun start at 2pm, Lunch at 12:30. As of this morning, 7/11/17, we are 50% full but have NO Crescent Valley Player Parents registered. It’s Best Ball format, so grab 1 golfer and 3 hacks and enjoy the afternoon at Corvallis Country Club … even 4 hacks on a team will have fun.
Parents of CV Raider Football … This is our fundraiser, for our team, for our boys. We have players coming in from as far away as Texas (no joke).
• Challenge: Today there are no parents of current players participating. By Friday, can we put together 4 teams of parents? We’ll match up one of the coaches with your team if you are short a player or need a good hack.
• Details: $150.00 per player. Lunch at 12:30, Shotgun Start at 2pm, rehashing war stories of the day at 6:15pm at the Corvallis Country Club.
• What’s included: 18 holes of golf, Cart, Unlimited Range Balls, Raider Team jacket, tee prizes, Introduction of this year’s Senior Players, food and beverages on the course and lunch provided by Bill Heck and Tax & Wealth Management, AND MORE.
10th annual Raider Scrimmage on the Links is next month, July 14th at the Corvallis Country club. Click here for the registration and sponsorship form. Golf, Cart, Range, Lunch, Raider Shwag and a Nike Pullover are just part of the day. We’ll have the 17th tee set up refreshments and a “Beat the Coach” contest. As always it will be a great time. A couple Alumni teams have formed up and a challenge has been sent out to all 45 Raider teams (1971-2016) On Registration day we will again offer the “Benchwarmers Package” to help those who need it with their golf day ….Mulligans, QB Toss, Extra yards and more. Lunch is at 12:30, Range opens at 1pm and a shotgun start at 2.
Spring practice ended on June 14 and the players (Including Freshmen)have started conditioning and strength training camp on Monday, June 26th at 7:30am-9:00am. If you drove by on Tuesday you could see Coach Sanders mowing the field at 8am. All Players are strongly encouraged to get to the morning camp. Remember you need to meet your weight room work out goals prior to the season starting. Bring your cleats for the field and no open toed shoes for the weight room.
74 days until kick off vs. Marist Catholic High School – but first 3 fundraisers. Fundraisers are vital to the success of Raider Football. they provide the refurbished helmets, new equipment, Travel expenses, post game away meals, etc…
- Currently the team is raising money through Snapraise. Follow the link to sponsor Raider Football. <– click there
- SAVE THE DATE! July 14th, Raider Football on the Links. Golf tournament that includes lunch, a Nike Raider Pullover, 18 holes of golf, cart, Meet the seniors, Catch up with Alumni, Beat the Coach golf hole, lots more. Hole sponsorship available.
- Field signs – Field signs are good for the football season or expand your sponsor ship to include baseball as well.
First day of Spring Practice for the CV Raiders. Only 85 days until kick off vs Marist Catholic High School. Keep up to date by joining the CV Raider Football email list on the Raider website. Come join us next Thursday (6/15) for the spring scrimmage featuring next years Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors. Incoming Freshmen can join the team beginning June 26th for the 7:30am conditioning.
Wed June 7th (3:30 – 6:00pm)
– Defense 4:00 – 4:50pm
– Offense 5:00 – 6:00pm
Thur June 8th (3:00 – 6:00pm)
– Defense 3:30 – 5:00pm
– Offense 5:00 – 6:00pm
Fri June 9th (3:30 – 6:00pm)
– Offense All Day 4:00-6:00pm
Saturday 10th (9am-11am)
– Full pads (Light contact)
– All Offense Focus
Sunday 11th (No Practice, Rest Day)
Monday June 12th (3:30 – 6:00pm)
– Full Pads
– Defense All Day
Tuesday June 13th (3:00 – 6:00pm)
– Full Pads
– Defense 3:30 – 4:20pm
– Offense 4:40 – 6:00pm
Wed June 14th (3:30 – 6:00pm)
– Full Pads
– Defense 4:00 – 4:50pm
– Offense 4:50 – 6:15pm
Thursday 15th (Scrimmage Night)
Spring Practice Schedule:
Team Meeting: June 1 during Lunch in Coach Risenberg’s room
Spring Practice:begins week after Memorial Day.
- Offensive meeting Monday, June 5th, 3:45pm in Coach Riesenberg’s room and gear hand out immediately afterwards.
- 1st practice is Tuesday June 6th
June 6-10 Practice
- 6/6/17 –Helmets only Stretch at 3:00pm – practice 4:00– 6:15pm
- 6/7/17 –Shells Stretch at 3:30 – practice 4:00-6:15pm
- 6/8/17 –Shells Stretch at 3:00pm – practice 4:00– 6:00pm
- 6/9/17– Full Pads Stretch at 3:30 – practice 4:00-6:15pm
- 6/10/17 – Full Pads practice 9am – 11:15am
June 12-15 Practice
- 6/12/17 – Full Pads Stretch at 3:30 – practice 4:00-6:00pm
- 6/13/17 – Full Pads Stretch at 3:00pm – practice 4:00– 6:00pm
- 6/14/17 – Full Pads Stretch at 3:30 – practice 4:00-6:00pm
- 6/15/17 – Crimson and Gold spring scrimmage
2017 Fall Game Schedule*
|September 1, 2017||@||Marist Catholic High||7:00 PM|
|September 8, 2017||vs.||Springfield High||7:00 PM|
|September 15, 2017||@||Lebanon High School||7:00 PM|
|September 22, 2017||vs.||Corvallis High||7:00 PM|
|September 29, 2017||vs.||Silverton High||7:00 PM|
|October 6, 2017||@||Central||7:00 PM|
|October 13, 2017||vs.||Forest Grove High||7:00 PM|
|October 20, 2017||@||Dallas High School||7:00 PM|
|October 27, 2017||vs.||South Albany High||7:00 PM|
|Dates and times subject to change|
*Frosh & JV play schedule on Thursday: Frosh matches Varsity Location, JV travels opposite of Varsity location
This week’s notes:
- Froshmore game– Kickoff is at 4:30 at South Albany High School. Bus leaves at 3pm
- NO JV game – Coach Sanders will let the sophomores know who will dress for Friday night.
- Varsity Game – Kick off is at 7:00 at South Albany High School. Bus leaves at 5:15pm
On Friday: Freshmen and Sophomores, who will not be suiting up on Friday night, will turn in their gear.
On Monday: Everybody who plays on Friday will turn in their gear. Gear needs to be cleaned and complete at time of turn in.
The school will issue an invoice for any gear not turned in.
Upcoming: Fall Sports awards – Tuesday November 15th at CVHS. We will have our team awards immediately following the all sports awards in the auditorium
- Senior slide show at awards night: Please send 3 pictures, doesn’t have to be football related, to email@example.com Pictures can be of the senior player, at any age, doing the things they enjoy outside of football. Also choose 2 pictures from the game day pictures on the CV Raider Football website www.cvraiderfootball.com and send those as well.
Thank you to the people who volunteered to paint the football field this season. In spite of record rains over the past few weeks, the field looked great, every week… all season. A special thank you to Coach Sanders who paints the practice field, mows the game field all year, paints the game field with the field crew and cleans the stadium in preparation for Friday night home football games. It’s take a lot of time and effort to keep the field ready for football games and the occasional Soccer game. Thanks again to everybody who helps keep our grass field ready and playable for the team.
This is a reminder:
Froshmore game vs. Dallas on Thursday, October 20 has been moved to the Corvallis High School Field. Kick off is at 7pm.
Field Painting will be at 11am on Friday at CVHS. If you have an hour or 2 we could use your help.