- Field Painting on Wednesday if it is not pouring rain
- Froshmore game vs Forest Grove Vikings on FRIDAY at Dick Hendricks Memorial Stadium at Forest Grove High School. Kick off is at 6:00 pm Bus leaves at 2:30 pm https://goo.gl/MU94MK
Address: 1401 Nichols Ln, Forest Grove, OR 97116
- Varsity game – Thursday at 7 pm vs. Forest Grove Vikings on the Field of Dreams at Crescent Valley High School. Remember last years Rain?
- Volunteers needed: 1 home game this week http://www.signupgenius.com/
go/4090f4caaab2ba6ff2-20171 Scroll down to complete the game on the 12th please. The sign up asks for your email address, but that is only so we can send a reminder. Please take the time to sign up so we are not panicked on Thursday night pulling people out of the stands to fill the chain gang, Concession stand or some other task that needs to be done.
Dave Orth: While many of us are enjoy Saturdays and Sundays as a day off, Dave is busy culling through the 1000 pictures he took on Friday night. Dave is on the sideline capturing our season for us. Most of the player profile pictures have come from pictures that he has taken. Dave and his wife Nevette have been long time Raider supporters taking pictures of our boys since their oldest son Declan played in Pop Warner. He was on our sidelines when Peyton played and now Kelton. When you see Dave, thank him for his valuable gift to our boys.
Dr. J: If you were at last Thursday’s game when the Froshmore team played Silverton, you were treated to Dr. J as your stadium announcer. He stepped forward and introduced us to his style of Stadium Announcing. Dr. J is a teacher at CVHS, and he recognized a football game could be much more exciting with an announcer letting us know players names …. With some great extra comments thrown in. Thank you Dr. J for volunteering your time to support our boys.
Mark & Tracie Grossnicklaus: We can count on Mark and Tracie whenever there is a call for volunteers to help with things that need to be done around the program. Whether it is field painting, field clean up, Concession stand help, Tracie and Mark seem too always have their name on the list to help out. Mark and Tracie were part of Raider Football when Jeffery played had a year off and are now back being a Raider Football supporter with another player on the team.
Thanks to these folks, Raider Football is still the best night of the week.
- Fund Raising for Video and Internet at the stadium
- We need to raise funds for some immediate needs: Video from games and Internet in the pressbox.
- Video needs: We need to purchase at least one camera. A decent camera for filming football games at night will cost about $600.00 if we want an end zone camera a 2nd camera needs to be purchased. To help with the highlight films, Sam is on the sidelines taking moments and turning those into highlights for players. Hudl Assist is $1,000.00 it is what provides a better breakdown of all game video and scouting the next team. We’d like to add Hudl Sideline which would provide game time video on the sideline
- Internet: We need internet at the Field of Dreams press box. Media, like radio broadcasts, won’t happen going forward unless we solve connectivity to the press box. Internet will also help reporters deliver articles quickly after the game so that it makes the paper the next day. The CV press box does not have any phone lines or internet service, and only AT&T has a strong enough wireless signal. So we need to either get an AT&T hotspot for them or build internet out to the Press box. Does anybody know somebody at AT&T that might want to help us get a good hotspot to the press box this Thursday?
- We need to raise funds for some immediate needs: Video from games and Internet in the pressbox.
- Raider Sports:
- Volleyball vs. South Albany: Wednesday at CV Freshmen and JV at 5 pm, Varsity at 6:15ish Come out and support the last home game of the regular season as well as Senior Night.
- Girls Soccer: Ranked #2 in OSAA vs. Woodburn Bulldogs. Wednesday at CVHS
- Boys Soccer: Ranked #9 in OSAA vs. Woodburn Bulldogs. Wednesday at Woodburn
Game week 6 – vs. Central Panthers
- No Field Painting on Wednesday, we will evaluate
- Froshmore game vs Central Panthers at Crescent Valley Field of Dreams. Kick off is currently set for 5:30.
- Varsity game – Friday at 7pm vs Central Panthers at Central High School. https://goo.gl/mLePjL
- Volunteers needed: 1 home games this week http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090f4caaab2ba6ff2-froshmore1
- Hudl and filming: Have you noticed the multiple angles and great highlights review? We have had some folks volunteer to kick in a few dollars and some equipment to help with the video for the rest of the year. Darren Dickerhoof provided the lift you saw at the game on Friday and Brooke Knight arranged a private videographer. When I sent the note out two weeks ago, I wasn’t sure what the best path would be and these folks stepped forward and took the ball and ran with it. Thank you. So to complete the season, we should probably create a GoFund Me account, and anybody that can help with paying for an end zone lift, the Videographer and Hudl Assist, can contribute. Does anybody have any experience setting up a GoFund Me account? If so give me a call 541-602-6828 ~ Dave
- Raider Sports:
- Volleyball vs. Dallas: Tuesday at CV Freshmen and JV at 5pm, Varsity at 6:15ish
- Girls Soccer: Ranked #2 in OSAA vs. Corvallis Spartans. Tuesday at CVHS
- Boys Soccer: Ranked #3 in OSAA vs. Corvallis Spartans. Tuesday at CVHS
News you can use:
Text @cvhsnews to 81010 to add yourself to CV’s remind account! You will be kept up to date with reminders for sporting events, concerts, spirits days and more
A letter by Linfield Coach Smith about the tragedy in Las Vegas. http://catdomealumni.blogspot.com/2017/10/a-letter-from-coach-smith.html?spref=fb
Proactive Coaching Alliance published a timely blog from Bob Hammitt “My Coach Hates Me” on Playing time, Parent participation and attitudes.
Cindy Forney: Manages the Concession stand over the past 3 years. Her and a couple volunteers were still in the concession stand at 11:30pm on Friday cleaning up and preparing to open to for Tuesday nights Soccer games vs Corvallis High School. Cindy does not have a player on the team this year but has graciously continued to volunteer her time.
Dave Derlacki: Dave has held onto end of the chains or another during Friday night games for over 20 years. Dave shows up at the Field of Dreams early so he can help Cindy get ready for the Friday night rush. Dave was on the work crew that originally built the stadium and field in the 90’s… we now call it the Field of Dreams.
Gary & Kelly DeHaan: You can see Gary every Friday night when you look at the down marker on our visitors side of the field. He has been leading our Chain Gang for the past few years. Kelly is on our sideline taking the photos that you all can enjoy. Both Kelly and Gary will pop out to the field on Thursday just to make sure we have a chain gang and that somebody is taking pictures of the Froshmore team. Their son Connor graduated in 2014 after playing 4 years for the Raiders.
Thanks to these folks Friday Night Lights on the Field of Dreams at Crescent Valley High School is still the best night of the week.
See you Friday
Thank you Raiders for the loud positive support at last Fridays Corvallis Confrontation vs Corvallis High School. Check out the CV Raider Football Facebook page to see in greater detail, how and when the game was nicknamed “The Confrontation” The Gazette times nicknamed it in the 70’s when it was the last regular season game and in 1977 it decided the league championship.
- No Field Painting on Wednesday, we will evaluate after Thursday’s game and possibly paint on Friday morning.
- Froshmore game vs Silverton at Crescent Valley Field of Dreams. Kick off is currently set for 5:30.
- Varsity game – Friday at 7pm vs Silverton Foxes at Crescent Valleys Field of Dreams.
- Volunteers needed: 2 home games this week so double duty for Cindy Forney, Give her an atta girl when you stop by the concession stands this week. http://www.signupgenius.com/
- Hudl and filming: We have had some folks volunteer to kick in a few dollars and some equipment to help with the video for the rest of the year. Darren Dickerhoof provided the lift you saw at the game on Friday and Brooke Knight arranged a private videographer. When I sent the note out last week, I wasn’t sure what the best path would be and these folks stepped forward and took the ball and ran with it. Thank you. So to complete the season, we should probably create a GoFund Me account, and anybody that can help with paying for an end zone lift, the Videographer and Hudl Assist, can contribute. Does anybody have any experience setting up a GoFund Me account? If so give me a call 541-602-6828 ~ Dave
- Raider Sports:
- Volleyball vs. Lebanon: Tuesday at CV Freshmen and JV at 5pm, Varsity at 6ish
- Girls Soccer: Ranked #2 in OSAA vs. La Salle Prep. Tuesday @ CVHS at 4pm
- Boys Soccer: Ranked #3 in OSAA vs. La Salle Prep. Tuesday @ La Salle Prep at 7pm
Corvallis Spartans vs. Crescent Valley Raiders
- Practices after school
- Frosh play at home on Thursday vs CHS. Kick off is 5:30pm
- Note: Coach Sanders will have many of the Sophomores dress for the Varsity game on Friday and will not play on Thursday. Players selected to suit up for Friday will be notified at Tuesday’s practice. All Freshmen will suit up for Thursdays game
- Varsity Play at home vs Corvallis HS. Kick off is at 7pm. Traditionally this game is called “The Confrontation”
- Varsity Pregame meal is at 4:30
- Field Painting on Wednesday at 5:45pm.
- Big paint job plus the rain will erase most of what is already on the field.
- LOTS of people coming to our stadium this week. Concessions will need LOTS of help before, During, at Halftime. Please find a task for the week and include your self in the effort. We want to show our guest great hospitality. Here is the link to sign up for Thursday, Friday or meals. Click here to grab a job
- HUDL: We need some help. Currently, we are borrowing a video camera or relying on the other team to provide the film. We then take whatever film we have and spend the weekend preparing it to be shared. We need some help with purchasing 1 or 2 video cameras, filming from the end zone, filming with a lift from the end zone, better tools that can be purchased from Hudl (Hudl Assist) and a game-time stat keeper. If you would like to help with any of these items by donating time, advice or money to the game film and review fund please let Dave Hodgert know. 541-602-6828 Voicemail or text. The demand for video delivered quickly to players, coaches, parents, news media and recruiting coaches is really increasing and the need for better quality and different angles is growing. We really could use some help with this team upgrade.
The FroshMore game was originally scheduled to be at Lebanon HS but a location change was required to allow the Warriors to have a JV game at home vs South Medford.
- Practice this week is after school until 6pm
- Froshmore game is HOME vs Lebanon HS – Location Change
- Varsity game is AWAY at Lebanon High School.
- Kick off is at 7pm –
- Bus leaves at 4:30
- Directions: https://goo.gl/GaV33S
- Sign up to help with Clock, Chains, Snack bar, Photographer or Videographer. The field should be ok but we need help with the field signs on Wednesday http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090f4caaab2ba6ff2-20171
- Volleyball is Home on Tuesday vs. Central at 5pm for frosh and JV and 6:15 for Varsity
- Boys Soccer is Home on Thursday the 14th vs Marist
- Girls Soccer is AWAY at Marist High School on Thursday the 14th
The Froshmore game has been moved to Crescent Valley Field of Dreams. Air Quality in Springfield exceeds safe levels. We will need help today with Chains, Concessions, Scoreboard, Clock and photography. https://goo.gl/ykmDbF
We painted the field last night just in case.
Last week may have been one of the busiest weeks for parents and coaches with field changes and unexpected field painting, early opening of the concession stands, Smoke canceling practice and heat limiting our practice time. This week is a new week but we do have school starting on Wednesday. Both teams are home this week vs Springfield
- Reminder to Varsity players: Practice at 8am tomorrow and Tuesday. Raider Cards ARE DUE
- Froshmore will practice at the regular time 3:30pm both days. Raider Cards ARE DUE.
- Wednesday regular practice, after school.
- Field painting on Wednesday at 6pm
- Thursday Froshmore vs. Springfield Millers T Springfield HS – Kick off at 5:30pm – DIRECTIONS TO FIELD
- Friday first home Varsity game vs Springfield Millers. Kick off at 7pm
- Please sign up for a volunteer job for Friday. http://www.
- Players get your Hudl accounts cleaned up. i.e. Proper name, email, year in school and most importantly get your jersey number correct so we can keep statistics correct. Players that swing, please use your varsity number when entering your personal info. Frosh and others that do not have a Hudl account text Dave Hodgert at 541-602-6828 or email with your name, year and email address. Hudl will then send you your registration information. All other classes confirm that your Hudl account is set up and you can view the game film.
Immediate notice – The Froshmore game has changed location. Kick off will be at Crescent Valley Field of Dreams on Thursday, August 31 at 5:30. Smoke is predicted to make playing conditions at Marist unplayable so the game has been moved CV. We will need a big crew tonight to paint the filed and volunteers to help fill the jobs for the game tomorrow. Watch for a “Sign up Genius” email and please sign up and come help the team out. Painting the field Tonight, Wednesday at 6pm. We will need lots of help to get everything game day ready, a week early.
sign up here to help: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090f4caaab2ba6ff2-froshmore
- Stadium, concession stand and field clean up is Saturday, August 19 starting at 9am. Bring your soccer friends to help with the stadium clean up. Sign up here http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090f4caaab2ba6ff2-field
- Practice on Saturday is at
10 am.New time: 9:00am on Saturday the 19th.
- Raider Card Blitz begins after practice tomorrow. Please note the time change.
- No practice on Monday, Monday, August 21st – Practice moves to school hours starting at 3:30 pm – 6 pm on Tuesday the 22nd.
- Thursday is team pictures. Time is 9:20am for Froshmore and 10am for Varsity.
- Thursday, Froshmore Jamboree at South Albany High School at 6pm. NOTE THE LOCATION CHANGE
- Friday, Varsity Jamboree at South Albany High School at 6pm. NOTE THE LOCATION CHANGE.