Raiders: Schedule for tomorrow
- 1:15pm Varsity be at Crescent Valley HS at 1:15pm We will be issuing game uniforms
- 1:45pm Frosh/Soph: Be at CVHS at 1:45pm for your game uniforms
- 3:00pm Freshmen & New program players: Concussion impact testing is at 3 pm
- 5:00pm All Levels: Practice 5-8pm
It’s going to be a long day for most players. Players may want to bring a lunch with tomorrow.
— Parents & Volunteers WE have home games next week! Get your volunteer jobs early and avoid being the Bathroom clean up crew.
It’s takes the whole family to make Raider football successful.
p.s. Turn in your Parent/player Handbook signature page
PRACTICE TIME CHANGE: District maintenance is top dressing our fields, Friday evening (8/21/15) practice has to be changed. Practice on Friday for ALL levels is 7:00am to 9:30am
How to volunteer: Select the Volunteering tab above.
Choose a Thursday game for Varsity parents or a Friday game for JV/Frosh families. Parents can choose to volunteer at a game their son is playing in but we want each family and parent to have the opportunity to watch and support their son so offer opposite nights to volunteer and support the Raider Football program.
Hover your cursor over the Volunteering tab and options are available in the drop down list.
How to stay informed: Select for Raider Email
- In the dark column to the left of this page you can register and sign up for Raider Football emails.
- On the right is a text message option. Raider Football will only use the text messaging when a messaging needs to be communicated quickly.
- Follow Raider Football on Twitter and Facebook
August 10th – 14th : 7:00am to 8:30 – Conditioning –
August 14th Friday: 12 to 2:30 – Mouth guard fitting Dr. Blacks – see email
August 15th Saturday – Physicals – All Frosh, Juniors and anyone new to the program
August 17th –August 21st : Practice –
8:00am -9:30am lifting / conditioning all levels
5:00pm – 8:00pm Practice on CVHS field
August 18th, Tuesday, 6pm: Mandatory Parent meeting
Saturday August 22nd Big Day in Raider Nation!
- Raider Card Blitz – 10:00am – 3:00pm
- Field day at the Stadium – weeding, bark dusting, sign moving, need everyone involved! Players & Parents bring shovels, rakes and wheel barrow
- Raider Bonfire: Gilmour Residence: 7pm – 10 pm
- Hwy 20 to Garden Ave (right at the Melon Shack) Players will direct parking
- Food and Drink provided, everyone invited!
August 24th – August 27th 5:00 – 8pm: Practice
August 28th Friday: OFF
August 29th Saturday: Scrimmage
- 9:00am Frosh/JV
- 10:00am Varsity
August 31st Mon/Tues/ Wed 3:30 – 6:00pm: Practice game week
September 3rd: Frosh & JV games vs. Newberg
September 4th, 7:00pm: Varsity Game vs Newberg
Players at Summer camp were provided the following schedule:
Each player is in charge of their own conditioning.
Work out, Run, Stretch, and Hydrate and get plenty of rest every day from now until the 10th of August. Those coming back in August out of shape, will be behind and will get left behind when it comes to reps in practice. Use this week to keep pushing forward towards game shape.
August 10th – August 14th –
Conditioning week 7am – 8:30am
August 17thth – August 21st –
Conditioning week – Helmets and or Shells –5pm-7pm
August 23th – 29th
Monday 5 -8pm
Wednesday 5 -8pm
Friday 9am – Noon
Saturday 9am Scrimmage
August 31st – Game week – Newberg at CV
Head Coach – Varsity Scott Sanders 541.740.3476
JV – Steve Rothermund
Frosh – Chase Cochran – 541.231.1334
Web administrator – Dave Hodgert 541.602.6828 email@example.com
Work out option for anyone who wants to come out and put in some extra work to get in shape/strengthen-up for the upcoming season. This has nothing to do with Raider Football Camp mornings or football practices in fall. This is simply an opportunity for athletes to come and get in shape outside of the already schedule practices/camps. This will go on until school starts or as attended.
The times each day are slightly different due to coaching schedules. Simple as that. Make as many workouts as you desire depending on your own schedule. It’s up to you how well you prepare for the season. Just remember it all equates into your success during the season. Champions are built in the off season.
Take special note on times each day….. slightly different.
Mondays: 3:30-5:00pm (Coach Will Love)
Tuesdays: 5:00-6:30pm (Coach John and Chase Cochran)
Wednesdays: 4:00-5:30pm (Coach Steve Rothermund)
Thursdays: 3:30-5:30pm (Coach Jones)
Fridays: 3:30-5:30pm (Coach Firth)
Saturdays are random and will be announced during the perspective weeks whether or not a schedule workout will be held at CV.
** NOTE: All these workouts are held at Crescent Valley High school and run by volunteer football coaches. It will depend on the coach running the session if you will be out on the practice field doing field Workouts (Running, Drills, Endurance runs, Sled Pulls, etc…) or inside the CV weight room working out body strength. Either way. be prepared for both. That means bring cleats, running shoes/gym shoes and water bottle. Each session is 90 minutes. Each session might be different workouts. (Meet outside the doors of the training entrance around back of the gym.)
Before you know it, August will be here, so here’s the question:
- What are you doing to get better?
- Are your grades taken care of?
- What is your work ethic in the weight room?
- Are you bigger, faster, stronger?
- Are you a leader?
- Would others want to follow you?
Our coaching staff is getting geared up for the season. Remember, now is the time to build your individual and our team base. Putting time in now to be a better person, student, and athlete can never be taken away from you. At the same time, this is time you will never get back if you waste it! Focus hard on the next month. Open opportunities for your season by getting things done now! Make July your month to focus getting ready by getting to the weight room and on the field for conditioning!
Only you can make it happen!
Prepare for success!
Important Season Dates – 2015
July 26th – August 1st Moratorium Week
August 3rd – 8th Optional Conditioning Conditioning on your own
August 10th – 15th Conditioning
August 17 First Official Practice
August 27 Jamboree/Crimson & Gold Scrimmage
September 4th Newberg High School @ CVHS
September 11th Wilson High School @ Wilson HS
September 18th Corvallis High School @ CVHS
September 25th Silverton High School @ Silverton HS
October 2nd Central High School @ Central HS
October 9th Woodburn High School @CVHS
October 16th Dallas High School @ Dallas HS
October 23rd South Albany High School @ CVHS
October 30th Lebanon High School @ Lebanon High School
November 6-7 Round of playoffs (Top 16)
November 13-14 Quarterfinals
November 20-21 Semifinals
November 28 Finals
The 2015 Raider football season is quickly approaching. Field Signboards are a great way to display your company and support CV Athletics. If you, or a business you know, would like a Field Signboard, contact Chris Gerding. Signboard display is limited to display room at the Football stadium and Baseball outfield. Reserve your spot before they are all filled.
- Full color 4’ x 8’ sign with your business logo prominently displayed at CV football and/or baseball field(s)
- Your business listed in the CV football and/or baseball home game program
- Your business listed on CV football and/or baseball website(s)
- Special acknowledgement of your sponsorship announced during half-time at home football games and/or between innings at home baseball games
Signboards include your name and/or business in all our home game programs and on our football website. For info email firstname.lastname@example.org space is limited and order must be submitted by August 1, 2015
July 13th-22nd is OSAA allowed “Spring” football. We will practice 8 times in the 10 day window. Freshmen included
- July 12th Helmets issued @ 5pm CVHS
- July 13th, 14th & 15th helmets only 7am-9am CVHS field (Gear issued after practice on the 15th)
- July 16th, 17th, 20th, 21st & 22nd full pads 7am-9am at CVHS
- July 26th – August 7th No Practice – Players lift/workout on their own or at the OSU sports performance camp
- August 10th Fall Practice begins at CVHS – 7am-9am