We realize that this is a busy time of year but we have some deadlines and it is imperative that everyone stays on top of what is due and when. Please, read the previously sent email for complete info. Please put the dates on your calendar.
Here we go …
You will receive information about the football program through three main avenues:
- Coacheswill communicate primarily through the players. Players are expected to pay attention and relay accurate information in a timely manner.
- Team Parents(Need volunteer) will share important supplemental information through email. The contact information you give at the beginning of each season keeps us in contact. Be sure to contact your Team Parent with any additions or changes. You can also register, follow or “like” any of our social media pages.
- The website, Facebook & Twitterwill be updated regularly and kept as current as possible. Schedules can change very quickly, though, so if there is a conflict of information, rely on the communication from your player.
Participation: All students participating in sports need:
- Physical exam before beginning practice (or one on file in the last 2 years).
- Code of conduct need to be completed for all athletes for each sport
- Emergency card need to be completed for all athletes for each sport.
- Athletic fee $150.00 and $75 for Free/Reduce Lunch
These forms are available at the Crescent Valley High School office and at the Crescent Valley website: http://cvhs.csd509j.net/athletic-information
DROP COMPLETED FORMS OFF IN CVHS MAIN OFFICE TO MICHELLE BUTLER
Forms for Football must be into office before start of practice on Monday August 15th
Physicals: Saturday, August 13, 8:30-2:00pm at CVHS Physical Exams are required for freshmen, juniors, new students, and first-year athletes. Returning sophomores and seniors who have physical exam cards on file from the previous year do not need to have a new physical examination. In other words, a physical exam is good for two years. Student athletes must also satisfy the academic and training rules of the OSAA and Corvallis School District.
Parent Meeting: Required attendance Tuesday, August 16th at 7pm at CVHS. We will be discussing what is expected of players and their families. We will also be opening up the volunteer registration forms. It takes the entire Raider family to make the season work, so each player and families will be required to participate in off field activities, events and functions.
All families and individuals will be able to choose their concessions shift/volunteer assignments. You may trade nights with another family/individual, or find a replacement (18yrs. or older), but please honor your assignment and fill the shift. The online volunteer sign up will be posted this week on the CV Raider football website. It is important to fill the concession spots as it funds many of our football activities. It takes 17 people to make a Varsity game go and 10 to make the JV/Frosh games go, so expect to do more than 1 job during the season. If you sign up for a concession spot prior to the parent meeting we ask freshmen and sophomore families to fill the Varsity games and Varsity parents to fill the Frosh/JV games so that you can watch your son play
1st week of practice: Monday August 15 – 5pm to 7:30 every day. If you have been participating in conditioning, you will be in gear.
Raider Field of Dreams clean up – EVERYBODY Parents and Players – Saturday August 20
Athletes must have a 2.0 gpa for the term prior to the season they are participating in. If an athlete receives a gpa lower than 2.0 they will have to sit out of competitions for the first two weeks and have their current grades checked every two weeks during the season. Athletes can still participate in practices during their “sit out” time.
Other Important Forms:
These additional forms may be required by the district if your student is a transfer from another district, is being home schooled, is attending a private school but lives in the Corvallis School District, or is a foreign exchange student:
- Student Intent to Transfer Certificate(for students planning on moving to Corvallis School District, this form must be approved prior to participating in any practice): click here
- Eligibility Student Transfer Certificate(for 10th-12th grade students transferring into CVHS from another school at the beginning of the school year or 9th-12th grade students transferring in to CVHS after the school year has started): click here
- Foreign Student Transfer Certificate(any exchange student wishing to participate for CVHS athletics needs to download and review this form): click here
- Home School Eligibility Parent Checklist: click here
- School Representation Eligibility Certificate(for students living in the CVHS District boundaries and are attending a private school that does not offer an extracurricular activity that CVHS does): click here